CLUTHA GOLD TRAIL - FOLLOWUP FORUM
Clutha District Council Media Release
Thursday 26 April 2012
Follow up forum for Lawrence-Beaumont Trail Opportunities Group
Clutha District Council will host a follow-up forum in Lawrence next month to further identify and prioritise key community projects and business developments arising from the Clutha Gold Trail.
District Development Manager Jill Borland said the initial forum held in November 2011 was well attended by the local community.
“Those who attended the first forum identified a huge number of opportunities that the cycle trail could bring for the local community,” Ms Borland said. “This second forum aims to further the initial work to identify and start to prioritise key community projects and business developments.”
Ms Borland said the follow-up forum would be held at the Lawrence Golf Club on Tuesday 8 May from 7.00pm. The forum would include a range of speakers, an interactive workshop, and would also aim to cover:
• The Trail – a construction update and market focus (presentation by Clutha Gold Trail Trust).
• Understanding the market (presentation by Rail Trail operator).
• Analysing the information gathered at Forum 1 (interactive session leading on from first forum). This will include classifying private enterprise versus community projects and beginning to prioritise identified community projects.
• Regulations and Consents (presentation by CDC Regulatory Services).
• Partnerships and Alliances.
There is no charge to attend the forum. However, RSVPS for catering and workshop organisation purposes are requested by noon on Friday 4 May 2012 to email@example.com
Construction of the 73km cycle trail, which will follow the Clutha River from Roxburgh to Lawrence, is expected to be completed late this year.
For further information/comment, please contact:
District Development Manager
Phone 03 419 0200