LiveLiving in Clutha Country is about a whole raft of little things that are hard to explain, but amount to so much.
- It’s about knowing your neighbour is there for you.
- It’s about running to the window to see what car went past and knowing 90% of the people in them and wondering what the other 10% are doing in your neck of the woods.
- It’s feeling at home.
- It’s big, wide open spaces, deep rivers and plush grass, blue mountains, blowholes, and undisturbed beaches.
- It’s knowing in a crisis, everyone would give their right leg to help out and having a ‘deep freeze’ full of casseroles and muffins.
- It’s about dusty cars.
- It’s about posting your mail outside your front gate, where the kids get picked up at their personal bus stop.
- It’s about burning around to the neighbours in the four wheeler, selling pines cones and horse poo on the main road for pocket money. It’s about tree-huts, swimming holes, water slides and best friends. It’s about snow days!
- It’s about your local. It’s about driving better than city folk, it’s about rabbit shooting, deer stalking and pig hunting.
- It’s PTAs and Boards of Trustees. It’s about working bees.
- It’s about fresh homemade bread.
- It’s about Rugby and mince pies on a Saturday.
- It’s a welcome you’ll never receive anywhere else. No matter who you are, you belong as someone important, your kids belong and your family is safe.
So, it’s the beauty of the countryside and the friendliness of the people that Clutha Country is best known for. It’s about welcoming everyone by the simple, yet heart warming action - saying hello.
What is living in Clutha Country to you? Contact Us